Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Year in Review...Avery's 1st Birthday Party

I can't believe it's been a year already.

May 10th, 2011 6:00- Waking up just like every other day, but this day was special.

This day, we were going to meet our little girl. 
A day we had been preparing for over 9 months to arrive.

6:30- Heading to the hospital with great anticipation and a little fear from my end about how the labor of love would go- I was being positive and hoping for the best.

7:00- Check in at the hospital and taken up to our birthing suite. Introduced to our nurse Caroline, who ended up being the exact personality of a nurse that I needed that day. 

7:45-8:00- Started Pitocin, a drug that I was taught in nursing school was "evil" and hated by all women having to be induced....now I was one of those women just with a little extra knowledge but luckily I hated OB in school.

9:30- I understood the what they meant when they said, "You'll know it's time when you can't walk and talk through your contractions"....definitely not a lot talking going on, just remembering that I didn't think it would really hurt THAT bad. Water Broken...contractions came Harder.

10:30- Epidural in-Thank God for that DR was all I was thinking and that I didn't have to see that huge needle. 

11:30- Not feeling well...probably because baby was crowning. I dilated from a 5 to complete in about 45 minutes. It was almost time...

12:00- Waiting on my DR to arrive. I couldn't believe how long 15 minutes seemed until she got there. Baby was so close they thought if I sneezed/coughed she could come right out. OH...and TONS of people in my room-there went my modesty...especially when you are in the "push" position.

12:24- After 5-10 pushes out you came, sweet baby girl. Avery Nicole Winter, 6lb. 13 oz., 18.5 inches long, and full head of DARK brown hair. You were beautiful and perfect in every way. Even daddy had a tear in his eye (he won't admit that if you ask him.) 9 months plus of waiting for you and that moment...it was...Perfect.

And here we are today. May 10th, 2012
Same little girl, but full of personality and blonde hair.
18lbs, 30 inches long, and still beautiful and perfect.

Avery and I traveled to Topeka on her actual birthday and spent it with great people that I don't get to see often enough and their kiddos.

Birthday Party was on May 12th and we had lots of friends and family. Avery was very delicate with her smash cake. There actually was not a whole lot of "smashing" going on at all, but that's my careful, dainty little girl. We all enjoyed dinner and cake and then Presents.
I think we got enough swimsuits to last us all summer!

There are days that I don't even remember what life was like before Avery came into ours, so that must mean that it was pretty boring and dull. She definitely adds excitement and entertainment to our lives and couldn't imagine life without her. She completes us in every single way and most importantly makes us a Family.

Avery I wish I could keep you small but then I would miss out on what an incredible person you are going to be someday. You will never be too old for me to hold and call my baby.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm Living,
my baby you'll be."

I love you.



Birthday outfit...complete with Tutu


Avery and the small dent she made in her ginormous smash cake

Our Family

Yes, I made her wear her tutu to open her gifts. She seemed to enjoy it.

Cake and Smash cake. Orange & Pink all the way around.

The "tutu" table. Thanks to Whitney Edwards for help with this one!


























Showing off before her 1 yr DR appointment





Sweet Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment