Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Catching Up

So I've never been a blogger, but I've been inspired. I figure that there is too much that happens in life not to write it down!  And, this is a better way for my family in NWK to keep up with our family!

Three wonderful months ago our life changed dramatically for the better. We were blessed with the most amazing little girl. She was beautiful and Perfect!! Little miss Avery Nicole came into this world Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 at 12:24 PM. She weighed 6 lb 13 oz. and was 18.5 inches long. She has been a wonderful baby, but we have had our challenges along the way. Avery ended up having a really bad case of reflux and once we started prevacid she has been an entirely different baby! I stopped eating dairy also along the way because that seemed to upset her tummy and that has really improved quality of life for everyone!


Avery is here!!
And I was exhausted...but already loving her so much!


When people tell you to sleep before baby arrives, you should listen. I think that we just started living sleep deprived and if we did get caught up it only made us more tired! It's been 3 months now and she is growing and growing!! She just had her 2 month shots and wellness check and all went well. She is in the 60th percentile for height (she gets that from her daddy), 50th percentile for head circumference, and 25th percentile for weight...so she is going to be as DR says, a "tall, smart, skinny baby". 

Avery had her first combine ride with daddy this summer for wheat harvest! She's already a daddy's girl!

Avery made her first road trip to NWK for my Grandma Amelia's 101st birthday! It was a long drive, but she did great and grandma was so happy to meet her. But I have to remember next time to keep her in pink so grandma knows she's a little girl! 

 I was very fortunate to be able to take off 12 weeks and August 1st marked the first day back on the job as an RN. It was very hard to leave my baby, but we are blessed to have Vickie, our sister-in-law, to watch her. I know she is being well taken care of and loved on plenty... not to mention she gets to spend lots of quality time with her cousins.

So the past three months have seemed to just fly by, and so I am told the next 18 years will too! They grow up so fast and right now I just want to keep her little as long as I can! 

Here is Avery, now 3 months!! I can't believe what a big girl she!





No comments:

Post a Comment